- Blood spotting from the incision is expected and not cause for alarm. All stitches will dissolve on their own. Significant bruising and swelling of the scrotum and penis is common and expected. The device is left partially inflated following surgery.
- Apply ice packs (can be a zip-loc bag with ice or frozen peas / vegetables) to your scrotal area for 48 hours intermittently while you are awake.
- You can shower approximately 48 hours after your surgery but avoid scrubbing the surgical site. Do not submerge underwater for 2 weeks (no bathtub or swimming pool).
Diet and Activity
- You may return to your normal diet and light activity, as tolerated, after surgery but avoid driving while on narcotic pain medications.
- Please avoid any heavy lifting more than 10 lbs or strenuous physical activities altogether for 4 weeks and then ease back into your regular activity.
- Try to wear brief-type underwear and keep your penis pointed upwards towards your head as much as possible. This will help seat the cylinders.
- Once the scrotal soreness improves, pull the control pump in the scrotum slowly and gently towards your feet several times per day (do not try activating or pushing the buttons). This will help seat the pump low in the scrotum.
- You will receive a prescription for an antibiotic. Please complete the entire course.
- You will receive a prescription for a narcotic pain pill to use in addition to extra strength Tylenol (acetaminophen). Narcotics can cause constipation so use over-the-counter stool softeners as needed.
- Please avoid any Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, ibuprofen, or any other blood thinners after the procedure for at least two days.
Problems you should report
- Fevers > 101.
- Any pain not controlled by pain medication provided.
- Moderate or severe swelling involving your scrotum (i.e. > grapefruit).
- Inability to urinate.
- Any concerns or problems, please contact us at (717) 393-1771 anytime.
You should be scheduled for a post-operative appointment about 2-3 weeks after your surgery.
Please call (717) 393-1771 to confirm time and location. The device will be completely deflated at this appointment, and how to cycle the device will be reviewed. After this teaching, the device should be inflated for about 1-2 hours per day for about 3 months. Sexual activity will be allowed about 6 weeks following surgery.