- Blood spotting from the incision is expected and not cause for alarm. All stitches will dissolve on their own. The incisions are usually covered with a purplish skin glue that will peel off on its own after 1-2 weeks.
- You can shower approximately 48 hours after your surgery but avoid scrubbing the surgical site. Do not submerge underwater for 4 weeks (no bathtub or swimming pool).
Diet and Activity
- You may return to your normal diet and light activity, as tolerated, after discharge. Avoid driving while on narcotic pain medications.
- Please avoid any heavy lifting more than 10 lbs or strenuous physical activities altogether for 6 weeks and then ease back into your regular activity.
- You will receive a prescription for a narcotic pain pill to use in addition to extra strength Tylenol (acetaminophen). Narcotics can cause constipation so use over-the-counter stool softeners as needed.
- Please avoid any Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, ibuprofen, or any other blood thinners after the procedure for at least five days.
Problems you should report
- Fevers > 101.
- Any pain not controlled by pain medication provided.
- Spreading redness from incision.
- Uncontrolled nausea or vomiting.
- Trouble breathing.
- Any concerns or problems, please contact us at (717) 393-1771 anytime.
You should be scheduled for a post-operative appointment about 2-4 weeks after your surgery. Please call (717) 393-1771 to confirm time and location.