- Blood spotting from the vagina is expected and not cause for alarm. All stitches will dissolve on their own.
- You may apply ice packs to the vaginal area as needed for comfort for the first two days.
- You can shower approximately 24 hours after your surgery but avoid scrubbing the surgical site. Do not submerge underwater for 6 weeks (no bathtub or swimming pool).
Diet and Activity
- You may return to your normal diet and light activity, as tolerated, after surgery. Avoid driving while on narcotic pain medications.
- Please avoid any heavy lifting more than 10 lbs or strenuous physical activities altogether for 4 weeks and then ease back into your regular activity.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse or penetration for 6 weeks.
- You will receive a prescription for a narcotic pain pill to use in addition to extra strength Tylenol (acetaminophen). Narcotics can cause constipation so use over-the-counter stool softeners as needed.
- Please avoid any Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, ibuprofen, or any other blood thinners after the procedure for at least two days.
Problems you should report
- Fevers > 101.
- Any pain not controlled by pain medication provided.
- Uncontrolled bleeding from the incision.
- Inability to urinate.
- Any concerns or problems, please contact us at (717) 393-1771 anytime.
You should be scheduled for a post-operative appointment about 2 weeks after your surgery.
Please call (717) 393-1771 to confirm time and location.