- You will have a compressive dressing wrapped around your penis covering a circumferential incision on the penile shaft below the tip of the penis.
- This dressing should be unwrapped and removed about 24 hours following surgery.
- Blood spotting from the incision is expected and not cause for alarm. All stitches will dissolve on their own. Significant bruising and swelling of the penis is common and expected.
- You can shower approximately 24 hours after your surgery but avoid scrubbing the surgical site. Do not submerge underwater for 2 weeks (no bathtub or swimming pool).
Diet and Activity
- You may return to your normal diet and light activity, as tolerated, after surgery but avoid driving while on narcotic pain medications.
- You may want to apply petroleum jelly such as Vaseline to the incision to prevent the area from sticking to your underpants.
- You should gently press along either side of the base of the penis each time you urinate to slowly and carefully pull the skin down towards the base of your penis. This will help prevent the incision line from pulling up above the tip of the penis.
- You must avoid intentional sexual activity for 6 weeks.
- You will receive a prescription for a narcotic pain pill to use in addition to extra strength Tylenol (acetaminophen). Narcotics can cause constipation so use over-the-counter stool softeners as needed.
- Please avoid any Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, ibuprofen, or any other blood thinners after the procedure for at least two days.
Problems you should report
- Fevers > 101.
- Any pain not controlled by pain medication provided.
- Blackened tip of penis.
- Uncontrolled bleeding from the incision.
- Spreading redness from incision.
- Separation of the incision.
- Any concerns or problems, please contact us at (717) 393-1771 anytime.
You should be scheduled for a post-operative appointment about 2 weeks after your surgery.
Please call (717) 393-1771 to confirm time and location.