- There are no incisions or dressings.
- There may be slight tenderness, burning and swelling at the opening of the urethra.
Diet and Activity
- You may return to your normal diet and activity.
- Staying well hydrated is recommended to help dilute the urine and flush away any potential debris or minor residual bleeding.
- Over-the-counter medications such as extra strength Tylenol (acetaminophen) or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve) can be used if needed for pain as directed.
- Please avoid nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or any other blood thinners if your urine is bloody until the bleeding has cleared.
Problems you should report
- Fevers > 101.
- Any pain not controlled by oral medication.
- Persistent burning with urination.
- Inability to urinate.
- Thick blood in the urine (similar to dark fruit punch or tomato juice).
- Any concerns or problems, please contact us at (717) 393-1771 anytime.
You should be scheduled for a post-operative appointment about 2 weeks after your surgery.
Please call (717) 393-1771 to confirm time and location.