- Blood spotting from the incisions is expected and not cause for alarm. All stitches will dissolve on their own. The incisions are usually covered with a purplish skin glue that will peel off on its own after 1-2 weeks.
- You can shower approximately 48 hours after your surgery but avoid scrubbing the surgical site. Do not submerge underwater for 2 weeks (no bathtub or swimming pool).
Diet and Activity
- You may return to your normal diet and light activity, as tolerated, after surgery. Wait to introduce heavy solid foods until you are passing gas. Avoid driving while on narcotic pain medications.
- Please avoid any heavy lifting more than 10 lbs or strenuous physical activities altogether for 4 weeks and then ease back into your regular activity.
- You will receive a prescription for a narcotic pain pill to use in addition to extra strength Tylenol (acetaminophen). Narcotics can cause constipation so use over-the-counter stool softeners as needed.
- Please avoid any Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, ibuprofen, or any other blood thinners after the procedure for at least five days.
Problems you should report
- Fevers > 101.
- Any pain not controlled by pain medication provided.
- Spreading redness from incision.
- Uncontrolled nausea or vomiting.
- Trouble breathing.
- Any concerns or problems, please contact us at (717) 393-1771 anytime.
You should be scheduled for a post-operative appointment about 2 weeks after your surgery.
Please call (717) 393-1771 to confirm time and location.